Re: Draw Model from existing DB

От Robert Gravsjö
Тема Re: Draw Model from existing DB
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I have an existing PostgreSQL DB and I would like to draw a model of the DB
> structure. Is there some software (Freeware) around that can read the
> existing structure of my DB and automatically draw e.g. an ER-model of that?
> The software that I have found so far (e.g. Open System Architect) seems to
> be able to build models from scratch and convert them into a DB, but not the
> other way around like what I need.

I have found SQL Power Architect to work pretty nice in some situation. To get a model you simply create a new source
connectionto your db, connect to it and drag and drop it on to the playpen area (the right hand side in the UI).

There's both a community edition and a commercial edition. Project page is http://code.google.com/p/power-architect/

Regards
roppert