Re: what can go in root.crt ?

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: what can go in root.crt ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 06/04/20 17:31, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Do we actually do any of this sort of thing? I confess my impression was
> this is all handled by the openssl libraries, we just hand over the
> certs and let openssl do its thing. Am I misinformed about that?

I haven't delved very far into the code yet (my initial aim with this
thread was not to pose a rhetorical question, but an ordinary one, and
somebody would know the answer).

By analogy to other SSL libraries I have worked with, my guess would
be that there are certain settings and callbacks available that would
determine some of what it is doing.

In the javax.net.ssl package [1], for example, there are HostnameVerifier
and TrustManager interfaces; client code can supply implementations of these
that embody its desired policies.

Regards,
-Chap

Сообщение: Re: what can go in root.crt ?
Сообщение: Re: what can go in root.crt ?