Re: what can go in root.crt ?

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: what can go in root.crt ?
Дата
Re: what can go in root.crt ?  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/25/20 15:15, Chapman Flack wrote:
> Does that mean it also would fail if I directly put the server's
> end-entity cert there?
>
> Would I have to put all three of WE ISSUE TO ORGS LIKE YOURS,
> WE ISSUE TO LOTS, and WE ISSUE TO EVERYBODY in the root.crt file
> in order for verification to succeed?
>
> If I did that, would the effect be any different from simply putting
> WE ISSUE TO EVERYBODY there, as before? Would it then happily accept
> a cert with a chain that ended at WE ISSUE TO EVERYBODY via some other
> path? Is there a way I can accomplish trusting only certs issued by
> WE ISSUE TO ORGS LIKE YOURS?

The client library is the PG 10 one that comes with Ubuntu 18.04
in case it matters.

I think I have just verified that I can't make it work by putting
the end entity cert there either. It is back working again with only
the WE ISSUE TO EVERYBODY cert there, but if there is a workable way
to narrow that grant of trust a teensy little bit, I would be happy
to do that.

Regards,
-Chap