Re: Performance over a LAN

От Mark Aufflick
Тема Re: Performance over a LAN
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I don't think that's the advice being looked for here - if this
behaviour is repeatable, then there is something askew with the inet
protocol.

What is the client application written in? Do you know what version of
the postgres network protocol your driver code is using? Are the
inserts inside a transaction?

I'm very interested in this issue since the environment I now work in
has a lot of network connected databases and the performance is much
less than I am used to with local databases.

Mark.
--
Mark Aufflick
   e  mark@pumptheory.com