Re: Incremental Backup Script

От Gregor Zeitlinger
Тема Re: Incremental Backup Script
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> As per docs, if the databases are rarely updated it could take a long
> time for the WAL segment to "roll over".
Yes, therefore I want to copy the current WAL (as I said earlier).
When restoring, I also want to make sure that I restore exactely to the point when I copied the current WA segment.

Hence I consider to do it as follows:
1) take the t = current time
2) copy the current WAL
3) when restoring, set  recovery_target_time  = t
Maybe there is even a way to ask Postgres of its last commited x = xid.
In that case, we could set recovery_target_xid = x
Is that possible?
Regards,
Gregor

От: Lukas Smith
Сообщение: Re: Improving N-Distinct estimation by ANALYZE
От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: ISO 8601 Intervals