Re: Extension Facility

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Extension Facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jul 23, 2009, at 8:09 AM, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:

> What about embedded calls in, say, plperl functions.

Hence the variable suggestion. In fact, it might go back to the idea
of subschemas, perhaps the name of the extension should be part of the
qualifying? I dunno, I'm just kind of throwing ideas out there, but
it's starting to remind me of packages or classes. Inside a class, a
call to a method without an invocant automatically delegates to the
method in the class. That sort of thing. But I'm wary of over-
designing here, so I'm not sure what the right thing to do is, unless
it's to punt.

Best,

David