Alphanumeric natural order sorting : need generic solution

От Umashanker, Srividhya
Тема Alphanumeric natural order sorting : need generic solution
Дата
Re: Alphanumeric natural order sorting : need generic solution
Список pgsql-general

All,

I am looking for a generic solution to get the Alphanumeric sorting

·         The user can request for any field to be sorted.

·         There is no specific format the alphanumeric string  can follow. So that we can split using regex and split and sorted.

·         Need an efficient way. Should not degrade performance.

I tried all possible collation  example -- select * from test order by name collate "en_US";

Is there someone who has solved this problem with writing a function?

Below are more details –

Database

Table

Rows with orderby