Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Support for NSS as a libpq TLS backend
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 28 Jan 2022, at 15:30, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 9:08 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
>>> Kinda makes me question the wisdom of starting to depend on NSS. When openssl
>>> docs are vastly outshining a library's, that library really should start to
>>> ask itself some hard questions.
>
> Yeah, OpenSSL is very poor, so being worse is not good.

Some background on this for anyone interested: Mozilla removed the
documentation from the MDN website and the attempt at resurrecting it in the
tree (where it should've been all along </rant>) isn't making much progress.
Some more can be found in this post on the NSS mailinglist:

https://groups.google.com/a/mozilla.org/g/dev-tech-crypto/c/p0MO7030K4A/m/Mx5St_2sAwAJ