Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: PostgreSQL vs SQL/XML Standards
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 05/31/19 16:04, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> https://www.iso.org/standard/41528.html "XQuery Regular Expression
> Support in SQL"

Although I hadn't seen that particular document, I did see those in the
SQL spec and mention them in the wiki page [1].

I should point out that's also a conformance note in the new SQL/JSON
support [2], as the standard specifies XQuery regular expressions for
jsonpath's like_regex predicate, where we're applying POSIX ones
instead.

Doesn't change my thinking much ... I think we should support the
stuff. :) ... using a non-in-house-developed XQuery library to do it,
or better yet, a choice of non-in-house-developed XQuery libraries.

I still think the second idea I suggested on the wiki seems like the
most promising road map [3], though it'll involve a few preparatory
stops along the way.

-Chap

[1]
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_vs_SQL/XML_Standards#XML_Query_regular_expressions