Re: The two "XML Fixes" patches still in need of review

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: The two "XML Fixes" patches still in need of review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03/23/19 18:20, Chapman Flack wrote:
>> Perhaps it'd make sense under the XML section in datatype.sgml,
>> but I think I might lean to making it a new section in Appendix D
>> (SQL Conformance).
>
> Sounds like the option (4) I proposed back in [1]. I suppose it won't
> be much trouble to move.

The current structure of that appendix is: a few introductory paragraphs
(not wrapped in any <sect... ...>), followed by two <sect1>s that are
both autogenerated (the supported and unsupported features tables).

The <sect1>s become independent pages, in the HTML version.

- Move the XML limits/conformance section to a new <sect1> there?

- Before the autogenerated tables, or after them?

The un-<sect>ed intro paragraphs are preceded (in HTML) by a table
of contents, so the new section should show up there.

- Also add a mention (say, in the next-to-last intro paragraph) that
  there are notes on the SQL/XML conformance that have their own
  section (and link to it)? Or just let the generated ToC link be enough?

Regards,
-Chap

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] PATCH: multivariate histograms and MCV lists