Re: Sporadic ValidateBinary error

От s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Тема Re: Sporadic ValidateBinary error
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
[...]
>2005-07-14 21:03:33 [2176] DEBUG: ValidateBinary:
>"/jms_root/bin/postmaster" is not other read/execute
>

>The last line caught my attention, but as I said, it's the same machine,
>with the same postmaster executable, with the same permissions.  The
>user in both cases starting Postgres is SYSTEM, and SYSTEM has full
>control of the executable.  The sporadic nature of the problem makes me
>wonder if there is some sort of race condition, but I can't think of
>anything that would be touching the postmaster executable besides our
>startup script.  Does this ring any bells with anyone?
[...]

The first bell it rang was that a disk issue condition could happen. A chkdsk on the posmaster in your scripts might
help.

Also in that debug line, I think the key word is "other". It doesn't matter SYSTEM is "rwx" on the postmaster, but you
mustmake sure other (the righmost rights) is at least "r-x" (as ValidateBinary suggests). So a "chmod
<put_proper_options>postmaster" in your scripts, could also be a good ideea.

SLao

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.