Re: Problems with plan estimates in postgres_fdw

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: Problems with plan estimates in postgres_fdw
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2018/12/26 16:35), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> Attached is an updated version of the patch. Other changes:

While self-reviewing the patch I noticed a thinko in the patch 0001 for
pushing down the final sort: I estimated the costs for that using
estimate_path_cost_size that was modified so that it factored the
limit_tuples limit (if any) into the costs, but I think that was wrong;
that should not factor that because the remote query corresponding to
the pushdown step won't have LIMIT.  So I fixed that.  Also, a new data
structure I added to include/nodes/relation.h (ie, OrderedPathExtraData)
is no longer needed, so I removed that.  Attached is a new version of
the patch.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Вложения