Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Create shorthand for including all extra tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 4 Sep 2023, at 23:09, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:

> I could imagine categories for filesystem bytes and RAM bytes.  Also, while
> needs-private-lo has a bounded definition, "slow" doesn't.  If today's one
> "slow" test increases check-world duration by 1.1x, we may not let a
> 100x-increase test use the same keyword.

Agreed, the names should be descriptive enough to contain a boundary.  Any new
test which is orders of magnitude slower than an existing test suite most
likely will have one/more boundary characteristics not shared with existing
suites.  The test in 20210423204306.5osfpkt2ggaedyvy@alap3.anarazel.de for
autovacuum wraparound comes to mind as one that would warrant a new category.

> If one introduced needs-private-lo, the present spelling of "all" would be
> "needs-private-lo wal_consistency_checking".

I think it makes sense to invent a new PG_TEST_EXTRA category which (for now)
only contains wal_consistency_checking to make it consistent, such that "all"
can be achieved by a set of categories.

--
Daniel Gustafsson