Re: PL/Java 1.5.1

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: PL/Java 1.5.1
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Hi Christoph,

Was there some objection in principle (or maybe just download size) to
building with -Psaxon-examples ?

If it is not objectionable, my preference would be to build with that
option (whenever the PG version >= 8.4 anyway).

A lot of the examples are just toy learning aids or tests, but the Saxon
examples are there for a useful, non-trivial purpose: to give real SQL:2006+
XML Query functionality, which core PG still lacks.

So I would like to make it as easy as possible for the user to try out
those examples. Even leaving the Saxon library as an optional download,
so one extra thing would have to be downloaded before those examples
work, that would still be less fuss than having to build the example
code separately AND download the library.

What do you think?

Thanks,
-Chap