Re: PL/Java 1.5.1 (not BETA2, forgot to edit subject)

От Chapman Flack
Тема Re: PL/Java 1.5.1 (not BETA2, forgot to edit subject)
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On 10/17/18 01:49, Chapman Flack wrote:
> There is a PL/Java 1.5.1 release at github, supporting PG 11 back to PG 8.2:

In my haste to announce, I reused an old mail and didn't take the "BETA2"
out of the Subject:.

I also omitted one detail. The new release has some optionally-built
examples, built only if -Psaxon-examples is on the mvn command line.
The switch should only be included when building for PG 8.4 or newer,
and building with Java 8. When present, it will add the ~ 5 MB
Saxon-HE-9.8.0.14.jar at build time (which Maven will automatically
fetch, if not constrained to build offline). The jar will not be
included in the built package, so it will become an optional run-time
dependency. The related examples will still be included in the examples
jar, and declared in PostgreSQL if the examples jar is loaded, but the
Saxon-HE jar would have to be obtained and installed before they will work.

It would be ideal to have the package built that way (whenever the PG
version is >= 8.4), so that simply obtaining the Saxon jar will be the
only extra step required for anyone interested in trying those examples.

Regards,
-Chap