Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 10 May 2021, at 06:11, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 11:22 AM Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

>> I tend to agree with the idea to revert it, perhaps a +0 on that, but if others argue it should be fixed in-place, I
wouldn’tcomplain about it.

> Reverted.
>
> Note: eelpout may return a couple of failures because it's set up to
> run with recovery_prefetch=on (now an unknown GUC), and it'll be a few
> hours before I can access that machine to adjust that...
>
>> I very much encourage the idea of improving testing in this area and would be happy to try and help do so in the 15
cycle.

> Cool.  I'm going to try out some ideas.

Skimming this thread without all the context it's not entirely clear which
patch the CF entry relates to (I assume it's the one from April 7 based on
attached mail-id but there is a revert from May?), and the CF app and CF bot
are also in disagreement which is the latest one.

Could you post an updated version of the patch which is for review?