'epoch'::timestamp and Daylight Savings

От Hosen, John
Тема 'epoch'::timestamp and Daylight Savings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi there all PostgreSQL Hackers.

We have just upgraded from 7.1.3 to 7.2.3 over the weekend, and have just
noticed something weird with regards 'epoch'::timestamp.

In 7.1.3, 'epoch'::timestamp always returned the value 1970-01-01
00:00:00+00, following the upgrade we now get:-
     timestamptz
------------------------1970-01-01 01:00:00+01

Also, any fields set to 'epoch'::timestamp before the upgrade now return:-
   e_app_xfer_date
------------------------1970-01-01 00:00:00+01

If we issue a SET TIMEZONE TO 'GMT' the results are the same as for the
previous release.

This is causing us a problem as we use epoch to indicate whether the data
has been processed, and to log the date and time of processing.

We are running on RedHat 7.1 with kernel 2.4.9-21smp, and glibc
glibc-2.2.4-19.3 with PostgreSQL compiled from the source tarfile.

Output from version():  PostgreSQL 7.2.3 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by
GCC 2.96

With regards PostgreSQL in general, we have been using it since version
6.4.x and have found it (even the earier versions) extremely reliable an
powerful. Keep up the good work guys!

John Hosen
Senior Network Analyst
Capita RAS
http://www.capitaras.co.uk/

This email and any files attached to it are confidential and intended
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

The message and any files attached to it have been scanned by
MIMEsweeper with Sophos Sweep and found to be free from all known
viruses.

Information on MIMEsweeper can be found at http://www.mimesweeper.com/