Re: RHEL7 pgbouncer package /run/pgbouncer rights glitch after reboot

От Jeff Frost
Тема Re: RHEL7 pgbouncer package /run/pgbouncer rights glitch after reboot
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-yum
> On Jun 2, 2015, at 10:33 PM, Laurent Wandrebeck <l.wandrebeck@quelquesmots.fr> wrote:
>

> Le 2 juin 2015 22:28, Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com> a écrit :
>>

>> Oh, so you’re suggesting that pgbouncer use both socket directories as well?
>>
>> That would require a pgbouncer patch to support multiple socket locations.
>>

> Actually, I'm not :) I just copied changelog linked to that /var/run stuff, sorry it puzzled you.
>
> Just suggested:
> - Postgres user for both.
> - /var/run/postgresql for sockets.
>
> Do you think it could bring problems ? (ie apps using hardcoded path to find pg socket ?)
> According to pgbouncer config file, it looks like debian uses /var/run/postgresql for a while, so I hope my proposal
doesn'tland in nonsense territory :)

It’s not necessarily nonsense, but it’s likely to break quite a few existing apps that expect it in /tmp.  If we
decidedto go this way, we would probably only do it on new distros.

Сообщение: Re: RHEL7 pgbouncer package /run/pgbouncer rights glitch after reboot
Сообщение: Re: RHEL7 pgbouncer package /run/pgbouncer rights glitch after reboot