Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Florian Pflug
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jun6, 2012, at 15:50 , Honza Horak wrote:
> before I ask the main question, just a little background for one issue we're currently having in Fedora 17:
>
> PrivateTmp is a systemd's feature, which allows to have private /tmp directory for services, which in turn means that
suchservices aren't able to access systems's /tmp directory. It's been enabled by some services already, including
Apache,while PostgreSQL uses system's /tmp directory, where its unix socket is located. Naturally, it resulted in a
state,where Apache or other services with PrivateTmp enabled are not able to communicate with PostgreSQL using the
socket.

Couldn't you simply tell postgres to put it's socket in, say, /var/run, and create a symlink to that socket in the
global/tmp directory?

> Since we don't want just to move socket for compatibility reasons, I'm going to prepare a draft patch to allow
PostgreSQLto use a second unix socket at a time. A question I'd like to ask now is: Do we need a new configuration
variablefor this or it's enough to have the location hard-coded? What are your opinions?

If we're going to have this at all, we should go all the way and support an arbitrary number of sockets. But then, is
thereany advantage in providing this feature natively compare to simply creating symlinks?

best regards,
Florian Pflug

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ExecStoreTuple going into infinite loop
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets