Re: [HACKERS] Add support for tuple routing to foreign partitions

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Add support for tuple routing to foreign partitions
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Add support for tuple routing to foreign partitions
Список pgsql-hackers
(2018/02/21 20:54), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> void
> BeginForeignRouting();
>
> Prepare for a tuple-routing operation on a foreign table. This is called
> from ExecSetupPartitionTupleRouting and ExecInitPartitionInfo.

I modified execPartition.c so that this callback routine is called from
a single function that I added to execPartition.c and it is called the
first time the foreign partition is chose as the target partition to
route a tuple to.  That removes CheckValidResultRel, the
tuple-conversion setup, and the FDW initialization for each UPDATE
subplan from ExecSetupPartitionTupleRouting, so it would minimize the
possibly-useless overhead in doing that function.

Changes other than that are:

* Fixed typo and revised code/comments
* Added more regression tests
* Added docs

Attached is a new version of the patch set.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Вложения