Re: postgres_fdw: perform UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING on a join directly

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: postgres_fdw: perform UPDATE/DELETE .. RETURNING on a join directly
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2018/02/09 4:32), Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 11:05 AM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>> According to
>>
>> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=rhinoceros&dt=2018-02-08%2001%3A45%3A01
>>
>> there's still an intermittent issue.  I ran "make installcheck" in
>> contrib/postgres_fdw in a loop, and got a similar failure on the
>> 47th try --- my result duplicates the second plan change shown by
>> rhinoceros, but not the first one.  I speculate that the plan change
>> is a result of autovacuum kicking in partway through the run.

Will look into this.

> Hmm.  Maybe inserting an ANALYZE command in the right place would fix it?

VACUUM to the right tables in the right place might better fix it?
Another idea would be to modify test cases added by that commit so that
they don't modify the existing tables to not break the existing test cases?

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita