Re: Information on savepoint requirement within transctions

От Robert Zenz
Тема Re: Information on savepoint requirement within transctions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 31.01.2018 19:58, David G. Johnston wrote:
> ​Now that I've skimmed the tutorial again I think pointing the reader of
> the SQL Commands there to learn how it works in practice is better than
> trying to explain it in BEGIN and/or SAVEPOINT.

That seems like a good idea, yeah.

> I decided to add a title to the part of SAVEPOINTS and introduce the term
> "Sub-Transaction" there though I'm not married to it - re-wording it using
> only "savepoint" is something that should be tried still.

Technically, it *is* a sub-transaction, Savepoints are just the means to do it.
I think that a sub-transaction is the concept, Savepoint is the implementation.

> A title and a paragraph or two on aborted transaction behavior probably
> should be added as well.

I'd like that. I might be able to type something up, though I'm currently a
little bit short on time, so don't wait for me please.

Just to make sure, you have two typos in there, "61: tranasctions" and "106:
implment". Also I'd like to take the opportunity to agree with Laurenz here,
"pseudo" seems to be misplaced, they *are* sub-transactions.