Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw bug in 9.6

От Etsuro Fujita
Тема Re: [HACKERS] postgres_fdw bug in 9.6
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
(2018/01/18 15:40), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> (2018/01/18 7:09), Robert Haas wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 4:08 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> It's debatable perhaps -- I tend to err in the other direction.
>>> But likewise, I don't care deeply. Just push it ...
>>
>> Done.

I noticed that this test case added by the patch is not appropriate:

+-- multi-way join involving multiple merge joins
+EXPLAIN (VERBOSE, COSTS OFF)
+SELECT * FROM ft1, ft2, ft4, ft5 WHERE ft1.c1 = ft2.c1 AND ft1.c1 = ft4.c1
+    AND ft1.c1 = ft5.c1 FOR UPDATE;
+SELECT * FROM ft1, ft2, ft4, ft5 WHERE ft1.c1 = ft2.c1 AND ft1.c1 = ft4.c1
+    AND ft1.c1 = ft5.c1 FOR UPDATE;

because it doesn't inject extra Sort nodes into EPQ recheck plans, so it
works well without the fix.  I modified this to inject a Sort into the
recheck plan of the very first foreign join.  Attached is a patch for that.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Вложения