Re: Time to start the PR machine

От Christopher Petrilli
Тема Re: Time to start the PR machine
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On 9/30/05, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
> > However, I'd rather not make a big point of the license in this release.
> > We did that with the last release (which paid dividends) but I think
> > everyone knows about it now.
>
> Huh? That's a weird argument. Even if true, it's no reason not to
> include it in a press release.

As a largely pointless data sample, when I wrote a blog posting
bemoaning the "least common denominator" of MySQL, I had several
people write me that the reason it was popular was that "it's free,
and no other is."

Beat the drum. Don't attack (that's my job :-), but make it clear that
not only is PostgreSQL "free" (as in beer) it's "business friendly."

Chris
--
| Christopher Petrilli
| petrilli@gmail.com

Сообщение: Re: Time to start the PR machine
Сообщение: Re: Time to start the PR machine