Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?

От Christopher Petrilli
Тема Re: Sustained inserts per sec ... ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Apr 4, 2005 6:44 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Before I start to tunnel-vision on a particular coincidence...
>
> How much memory have you got on the system?

Now, 2Gb, but most of it is free in this situation.  Earlier, I posted
some of the settings related to work mem.

> How much of that have you allocated to various tasks?

Do you mean inside PostgreSQL?

> What else is happening on your system?

sshd, that's it :-)

> Tell us more about disk set-up and other hardware related things.
> Disk cache...disk speed...seek times....etc

Sure, here's the system configuration:

* AMD64/3000
* 2GB RAM (was 1GB, has made no difference)
* 1 x 120GB SATA drive (w/WAL), 7200RPM Seagate
* 1 x 160GB SATA drive (main), 7200RPM Seagate

Chris