Copy from problem

От Eduardo Vázquez Rodríguez
Тема Copy from problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi I try to "copy from" a plain text file that looks someting like this:

John Red (\t) Garden Grove (\t) jwayne@garden.com
Jessie Rodriguez (\t) West Beach
Jane Harrison (\t) Malibu (\t) jharrison@malibu.com

Deliberately I missed the email info in the second line, I try to copy into
a table that has the following structure:

CREATE TABLE public."Example"
(
  "Name" varchar(30),
  "Adress" varchar(60),
  "Email" varchar(30),
) WITHOUT OIDS;

When I issue the following command
copy public."Example" from '/home/postgres/abc.txt';

The following error appears

ERROR:  missing data for column "Email"
CONTEXT:  COPY Prueba, line 2: "Jessie Rodriguez    Santa Anna "

My question is how can I insert a null value into the field email,and that
copy from continue copying the next lines?