Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor

От Tatsuro Yamada
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CLUSTER command progress monitor
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2017/09/06 16:11, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Tatsuro Yamada
> <yamada.tatsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
>> I revised the patch like this:
>
> You should avoid top-posting.

I see.

>> I didn't change the name of view (pg_stat_progress_cluster) because I'm not
>> sure
>> whether the new name (pg_stat_progress_reorg) is suitable or not.
>
> Here are some ideas: rewrite (incorrect for ALTER TABLE), organize
> (somewhat fine), order, operate (too general?), bundle, reform,
> assemble.

Thanks for sharing your ideas.
I searched the words like a "reform table", "reassemble table" and "reorganize table"
on google. I realized "reorganaize table" is good choice than others
because many DBMS uses this keyword. Therefore, I'll change the name to it like this:

before  pg_stat_progress_cluster

after  pg_stat_progress_reorg (I abbreviate reorganize to reorg.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?
I'll revise the patch.

Regards,
Tatsuro Yamada