Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall failed on dumpProcLangs()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] pg_dumpall failed on dumpProcLangs()
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Roland Roberts <roberts@panix.com> writes:
> I was attempting to dump my database (6.4.2) in preparation for an
> upgrade to 6.5.1.  I got the following error, both with and without
> the `-z'.  Any suggestions are welcome....
> dumpProcLangs(): handler procedure for language plpgsql not found

That's odd.  You didn't do something silly like dropping the function
definition for plpgsql_call_handler, did you?

Anyway, I think you can get rid of the broken table entry by doing
    drop procedural language 'plpgsql';
but first you might want to see whether there are any functions
that depend on it:
    select proname from pg_proc, pg_language pl
    where prolang = pl.oid and lanname = 'plpgsql';
If there are, you'll need to drop them too...