Re: support for MERGE

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: support for MERGE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 13.01.22 13:43, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Apologies, there was a merge failure and I failed to notice.  Here's the
> correct patch.

I looked through this a bit.  I wonder why there is a check for
"unreachable WHEN clause".  I don't see this in the SQL standard.

On the other hand, there is a requirement in the SQL standard that the
correlation names exposed by the source and target tables are different.
  This is currently caught indirectly with a message like

ERROR:  table name "t" specified more than once

because of the way everything ends up in a join tree.  But that seems
implementation-dependent, and a more explicit check might be better.