Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)
Дата
Ответ на Re: [GSoC] (Is it OK to choose items without % mark in theToDoList) && (is it an acceptable idea to build index on Flash Disk)  ("Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
"Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> mx wrote:
>> By the way, I'm writing proposal for multi-column hash now.

> The biggest problem with the hash index is currently that there's no
> significant performance over b-tree. If you want to work on hash
> indexes, I would suggest doing benchmarking and looking at ways to
> improve performance, before spending time on making it multi-column
> capable.

Quite.  There are already some people investigating that, but maybe you
could join forces with them.

> And missing WAL logging is a big issue as well.

Yeah, but again there seems little point in doing that work until/unless
there is a demonstrable performance use-case for hash indexes.