Re: Duplicate primary keys/rows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Duplicate primary keys/rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 04:28:57PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's really highly annoying that we can't see the contents of the
>> infomasks for the rows.

> Any particular reason there isn't an infomask system column?

(a) inertia

(b) lack of desire to add an additional pg_attribute row per table.

I recall having proposed that we stop storing explicit pg_attribute
entries for system columns, which would make this sort of change easier
to make, and would save a pretty considerable amount of space in
pg_attribute too.  (In the present regression database, about 45% of the
rows in pg_attribute are for system columns; that might be overly high
for real-world DBs though.)  But people were a bit worried about what
might break.