Re: broken master regress tests

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: broken master regress tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
28.12.2023 20:36, Jeff Davis wrote:
> We do want that test to run though, right?

Yes, I think so.

> I suspect that test line never worked reliably. The skip_test check at
> the top guarantees that the collation named "en_US" exists, but that
> doesn't mean that the OS understands the locale 'en_US'.
>
> Perhaps we can change that line to use a similar trick as what's used
> elsewhere in the file:
>
>    do $$
>    BEGIN
>      EXECUTE 'CREATE COLLATION ctest_det (locale = ' ||
>              quote_literal((SELECT collcollate FROM pg_collation WHERE
> collname = ''en_US'')) || ', deterministic = true);';
>    END
>    $$;
>
> The above may need some adjustment, but perhaps you can try it out?

Yes, this trick resolves the issue, it gives locale 'en-US' on that OS,
which works there. Please see the attached patch.

But looking at the result with the comment above that "do" block, I wonder
whether this successful CREATE COLLATION command is so important to perform
it that tricky way, if we want to demonstrate that nondeterministic
collations not supported.
So in case you decide just to remove this command, please see the second
patch.

Best regards,
Alexander
Вложения