Re: Question with combining ANY with ilike

От Rusty Conover
Тема Re: Question with combining ANY with ilike
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Dec 12, 2008, at 6:12 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

Rusty Conover <rconover@infogears.com> writes:
I'd like to specify a pattern then apply that pattern to match each
element of an array:

rconover=# select 'foobar%' ~~ ANY (ARRAY['bar', 'cat', 'foobar:asdf']);
 ?column?
----------
(1 row)

I'd like the the pattern would be evaluated against all of the array
elements, but the order of parameters for the ~~ operator when
combined with the ANY command is backwards to what I need.

Create a reverse-LIKE operator and underlying one-line SQL function.

regards, tom lane

Thanks Tom.

For the benefit of future searches I used:

create function reverse_ilike(text, text) RETURNS boolean AS 'select $2 ilike $1;' LANGUAGE SQL IMMUTABLE RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT;

create operator ~~*^ (PROCEDURE = reverse_ilike, LEFTARG = text, RIGHTARG = text);

Best,

Rusty