Re: streaming replication does not work across datacenter with 20ms latency?

On 25 Červenec 2011, 11:39, Yan Chunlu wrote:
> I am using debian ant apt-get to install postgresql, dpkg list shows
> they are the same?  is there anyway to tell what's version it is
> compiled from? thanks!

AFAIK there's no way to find out which compiler was used to build
PostgreSQL binaries (IIRC this is not in pg_config). So you can do this

gcc --version

That should print version of the default compiler, and it's very likely it
was used to build the PostgreSQL binaries. If it's 4.6.0, you've been hit
by the problem Fujii Masao described. Use a different gcc version and it
should work fine.

Tomas