Re: Locale and Initdb Errors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Locale and Initdb Errors
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"Travis West" <trav.west@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi, I'm trying to set up Postgresql 8.1.4 on my Fedora Core 5 laptop.
> Whenever I run initdb, I receive this error
> creating template1 database in /var/lib/pgsql/data/base/1 ... FATAL:  XX000:
> failed to initialize lc_messages to ""
> LOCATION:  InitializeGUCOptions, guc.c:2666

We've seen this before.  The last go-round concluded that it was a
missing-locale-support problem, see this message and surrounding thread:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-11/msg01356.php

But I had thought that Fedora was more or less impervious to this
because it seems to treat the locale data as part of the minimal
install.  Or maybe it's not so minimal --- PG works fine on my FC5
machine but I went for a pretty complete install.  What have you
got under /usr/share/locale/ and /usr/lib/locale/, and what does
"rpm -qa | grep glibc" show?