Re: Foreign keys for non-default datatypes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Foreign keys for non-default datatypes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Speaking of parsers, did anyone else notice that gcc in its latest
>>> release has ripped out the bison based parser for C and Objective-C in
>>> favor of a hand cut RD parser?
>>
>> Yeah, I did.  I wonder what sort of effort they went to write the new
>> parser.

> This is the new parser
> http://gcc.gnu.org/viewcvs/tags/gcc_4_1_0_release/gcc/c-parser.c?view=markup&rev=111560

> It's 6000 lines long.

Given that we whack the grammar around on a pretty regular basis,
I can't imagine that it'd be a smart idea to go to a handmade parser.
gcc is dealing with a very stable language definition so the tradeoffs
for them are a lot different.

Be nice if bison were a tad faster though :-(