Re: monitoring bdr nodes

От Dennis
Тема Re: monitoring bdr nodes
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK thanks.  One of the motivations for asking these questions is that we are investigating ways to implement automated
noderemoval from a VIP pool. We would like to be able to have the VIP management software (a dumb load balancer
currently)be able to query the health of a particular node directly and if that node reports back to the VIP manager
thatit is lagging to much, have the VIP manager take the node out of it’s pool of backend servers.

Currently it appears I will have to query the other nodes in the cluster to determine the replication healthiness
statusof a particular node, and figure out a way to send that status back to the VIP manager in a way it can act on it.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish that would be appreciated.

Dennis

> On Apr 20, 2015, at 7:25 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> On 16 April 2015 at 23:58, Dennis <dennisr@visi.com> wrote:
>> I need some clarification on how to monitor BDR nodes.  In particular determining replication lag.  As an example,
Ihave a two node cluster with nodes ‘A’ and ‘B’.    I need to be able to look at node ‘B’ and determine if it is
laggingbehind node ‘A’,  by interrogating node ‘B’ only.