Re: pg_ctl reload - is it safe?

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: pg_ctl reload - is it safe?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

--On Tuesday, October 14, 2003 15:31:42 -0400 Bruce Momjian
<pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Michael Brusser <michael@synchronicity.com> writes:
>> > Yes, we use NFS. Many of our customers use it as well.
>>
>> You are of course aware that this is not real safe...
>
> Maybe we should throw a "stop using NFS" if we get an EINTR from
> read()/write(), or explain what NFS options they should avoid.
Err, some of us use NetApp filers as NFS servers for our PG data, and I
believe that that negates at least some of the risk.  I don't want to see
us (PG) not support something just because it *MAY* be unsafe.

LER

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl reload - is it safe?
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl reload - is it safe?