Re: standard_conforming_strings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: standard_conforming_strings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Jul 15, 2010, at 12:30 AM, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
>> Any reason not to add a line to the 9.0 docs/release notes saying "WARNING: The PGDG currently plan to change this
setting'sdefault in 9.1"?

> Well, mostly that we could change our mind if it makes too big a boom.
> And it's not as if we could go back and update everyone's docs
> after-the-fact.

Yeah.  Our track record for predicting in the version-N docs what
changes will be made in version N+1 is spectacularly bad; we should
not try that here, even if the change is being made before 9.0 actually
goes final.  There is already a statement that the default will change
"in a future release", and that seems sufficient to me.