Re: Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: [GENERAL] psql -l)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: [GENERAL] psql -l)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> How is this search path defined?  Blindly using libdir is not ok --

Why not?

The search path is defined in postgresql.conf (and I see Peter forgot
to add an example to the postgresql.conf.sample file), but the default
is the backend-compile-time $libdir.  Offhand I don't see what's wrong
with it.

> libdir!=PGLIB, and PGLIB may not be defined in the environment -- it
> might be there, but we can't count on it.

AFAICT we do not depend on environment PGLIB any more.  Configure-time
$libdir is what counts.

> If this function search path can be configured to search in
> /usr/lib/pgsql and all or any of its subs, while libpq and kin live in
> /usr/lib, I _will_ be happy.

I think all you need to do is set up postgresql.conf that way.