Re: Bug Report | Using ts_headline with the <-> operator

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug Report | Using ts_headline with the <-> operator
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
<christian@games.no> writes:
> Assuming the following query:

> SELECT ts_headline('simple','The Cyberpunk launch did not go as expected for
> Cyberpunk Fans around the world', phraseto_tsquery('simple','Cyberpunk
> Fans')::tsquery);

> The returned result is:

> <b>Fans</b> around the world

This is behaving as designed, and I don't really think it's wrong.
See previous discussion at

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/16744-861496b4f8f941f2%40postgresql.org

It is unfortunate that the only way to customize this type of decision
is to build your own new text search parser.  Perhaps someday someone
will put in the work to make that stuff a bit more modular and easier
to change.