Re: psql Feature request \set query

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql Feature request \set query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> writes:
> "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> "We can't do anything unless we do everything" is a recipe for
>> failure.

> True enough, but a car doesn't roll without at least four wheels.

Perhaps more to the point: you don't have to implement every part of a
set of features at the same time, but it's a good idea to design them
all together.  Else you risk writing something that doesn't play nice
with the other parts; and by the time you find out, it's too late to
change without creating a backwards-compatibility problem.