Patch status for reducing de-TOAST overhead?

От Mark Cave-Ayland
Тема Patch status for reducing de-TOAST overhead?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi everyone,

I'm just following up on the patch created here by Tom to aid with
repeated de-TOASTing attempts:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-06/msg01096.php

Given the performance report from Jeff
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-08/msg01178.php), is
there still scope for getting something like this in 8.4 - or this patch
still far shy of anything ready for a commit fest? I have a feeling that
working on this is something currently beyond my own capability :(

ATB,

Mark.

--
Mark Cave-Ayland