Re: Function returning an array

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Function returning an array
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> What's the correct syntax to return two VARCHAR(255)?

> There isn't one.  At this time, functions cannot return arrays.

Well, they *can*, it's just that there's no syntax to support
constructing an array value in SQL or plpgsql languages.

I know that you can do it in pltcl (there are examples in the pltcl
self-test), and of course you can do it in C.  A brute-force solution
is to make a support function in one of those languages that takes two
varchars and returns an array of varchar.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: