Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Steve Singer <ssinger@ca.afilias.info> writes:
> On 11-08-15 12:33 PM, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> On 15 August 2011 16:56, Steve Singer<ssinger@ca.afilias.info>  wrote:
>>> This would mean that anyone using the floating point timestamps today won't
>>> be able to use pg_upgrade to upgrade to whichever version we remove them
>>> from.  8.3 had float based timestamps as the default and I suspect many
>>> installations with the default 8.3 settings have been upgraded via
>>> pg_upgrade to 9.0 built the old timestamps representation.

>> Really?

> I *think* the default on 8.3 was float based timestamps.

Yeah, it was.  Also, the fact that the source distribution switched
defaults at 8.4 has not got a lot to do with what individual binary
distributions did --- some switched earlier, some may still not have
done so.  And of course individual users building from source were
and still are free to make their own choice.

It's going to be quite a long time before we can contemplate removing
float timestamp support altogether.

Сообщение: Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends
Сообщение: Re: walprotocol.h vs frontends