Re: Join help, please

От Guyren Howe
Тема Re: Join help, please
Дата
Список pgsql-general
The three types of thing (permitted_work; employee; work_type) don’t stand in a 1:1 relationship with each other. You might have multiple work_types or permitted_work for each employee, I’m guessing.

Each existing combination produces one row in the result. So an employee with three permitted_works and 4 work types will produce 12 rows in the joined result.

If you want one row per employee, you might consider using array_agg with group_by to collapse the multiple work_types or permitted_works into arrays alongside the employee information.