Start up error

От Hussain Jawad-FXRM43
Тема Start up error
Дата
Re: Start up error  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Hello Sir,
=20
I have installed postgresql DB on my Linux server.
=20
When I am trying to stop and start the DB, below error is reported in
postgresql start up log file.
=20
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
FATAL:  lock file "postmaster.pid" already exists
HINT:  Is another postmaster (PID 25372) running in data directory
"/var/lib/pgsql/data"?
=20
I have deleted the file postmaster.pid in the directory
/var/lib/pgsql/data for number of times and restarted the postgresql
service, but I am still not able to restart the server and the same
error is repeating again.
=20
Could you please suggest on this as the applications are completely
inaccessible due to this error.
=20
Thanks&Regards,
-Jawad.