Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От Christophe Pettus
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> On Feb 25, 2019, at 05:14, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>
> You don't write your own database system using CSV files and shell
> magic, do you?  I have to say that it continues to boggle my mind that
> people insist that *this* part of the system has to be able to be
> implementable using shell scripts.

It's not complicated why: Backup has to interact with a lot more components of the overall environment than a CSV
export,and those components vary *wildly* from one installation to another, and are often over-contrained by local
policy.

--
-- Christophe Pettus
   xof@thebuild.com