JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type gets out of me mory error.

От Sailer, Denis (YBUSA-CDR)
Тема JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type gets out of me mory error.
Дата
Re: JDBC driver inserting into a table with Bytea type gets  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc

There was a posting in the mailing list archives that I can't find anymore.  The web site right now is presenting a list of items from a search in a reasonable amount of time, but takes 5-10 minutes to retrieve the detail for each one as they are clicked.  Rather frustrating.

This person was getting out of memory conditions inserting rows when the data in the bytea field was larger than approx.  1400 Kb.  This person had posted a fix to the group that seemed to work for him.  The inserts were coming from a java application using the JDBC driver.

I just tried the latest JDBC driver and the problem still exists.  We have no plans to convert to using the large object interface.  This ties our code to PostgreSQL and would go against our need to keep the code generic enough to work against many different databases.

Is this issue acknowledged as a bug?

If yes, when is this issue going to be implemented in the code base?

If it is already fixed, what are the steps to implement the changes to my 7.4.2 installation?  Build my own JDBC driver?