Re: Compressed TOAST Slicing

От Andrey Borodin
Тема Re: Compressed TOAST Slicing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> 9 апр. 2019 г., в 22:30, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> написал(а):
>
> The proposal is kind of cute, but I'll bet it's a net loss for
> small copy lengths --- likely we'd want some cutoff below which
> we do it with the dumb byte-at-a-time loop.

Ture.
I've made simple extension to compare decompression time on pgbench-generated WAL [0]

Use of smart memcpy unless match length is smaller than 16 (sane random value) gives about 20% speedup to decompression
time.
Sole use of memcpy gives smaller effect.

We will dig into this further.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://github.com/x4m/test_pglz